Friday, October 12, 2007

"You are the KING!"

We all know that God loves it when we sing to Him and Praise Him. I just can't help but think He must enjoy it even more to hear those praises in Arabic. Sometimes when the Christians here are singing at church I feel tears coming to my eyes. There is one song they sing that I can understand almost completely, I love it. In the song they sing to Jesus and say, "You are the King."It is beautiful. They sing it with joy and thankfulness.
I have written several posts in a negative tone about Ramadan. Today I was thinking of something that has really blessed me this month. That being, while most people here are following strict Muslim practices and talking about all the things they are obligated to do, the Christians are learning about and experiencing even more the freedom they have in Christ. For example yesterday, it was awesome when our friend who was visiting us understood that he didn't have to fast during Ramadan. A little funny too! Anyway tomorrow Ramadan is over and everyone will be stuffing their faces all day. I am pretty excited myself. :) It will be nice to get things back to normal. Normal????.....I guess that wasn't the right word, back to the way things were before Ramadan.

No comments: