Friday, September 21, 2007

No PLUCKING.......

Eyebrows that is..... I am never going to understand all the "rules" Muslim women are suppose to abide by, but come on...what is so spiritual about a uni brow???? Really my friend told me she really need to go get her eyebrows waxed, but she said it was a problem during Ramadan. She said God doesn't like it when women pluck their eyebrows. When I asked" why" she kind of shrugged her shoulders and said "He just doesn't like it and If we pluck our eyebrows when we get to Heaven God is going to rip out every little hair!" OUCH! But I guess this is pain she is willing to face or should I say a "rule " she is willing to break.
After a little study I understand a little bit about where this idea comes from: The idea from the Quran is that we should not change God's creation. -I guess for some it would be a big change. It even goes as far as to say that if the woman's husband asks her to pluck or shave she should refuse. I am all for being happy with how God made you, don't get me wrong. God did create us the way He wants us. But come on. -I wonder how they feel about nose hair...... Just an honest question. Maybe I should start looking at eyebrows to see how serious they are!?????
I am learning more and more about the liberty we have in Christ! The TRUTH really does make you FREE.......even free to pluck your own eyebrows!!

No comments: