Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Feeling Alone.

I just got off the phone with two of my good friends . I just got finished talking about all the hard things I feel I am facing right now. My husband just left for a trip for one week. So we are here alone for this short period of time during Ramadan. (Ramadan is the time of the year when everyone suddenly becomes super spiritual. They all pray five times a day. They fast all day and then eat a ton at night. Of course that is loosely put.) I just complained and "vented" as we women like to say. Then I hung up the phone and God began to work in my heart. I know I am facing spiritual warfare right now. When I feel discontent I know it is because I am letting the devil win. I feel so convicted right now. Though I am facing challenges I have never faced before. Challenges I would not be facing if we did not live in a Muslim country, I am reminded that I don't understand. I don't have a clue what alone feels like. I just got off the phone with people telling me they were praying for me. I have many good friends who really do care about us who are praying for us. I am so thankful for them. I can't stop thinking about how it must be for the Christians here. Having to everyday be reminded that the don't fit in, even in the country where they were born. Let alone their families. The pressure they must feel. I am sure their families are asking them to pray and to go to the mosque. Some of them are completely alone. Like my friend M. who had no idea there were other Christians here for about 8 years. That's "ALONE." But I DON"T FEEL SORRY FOR THEM!! Praise God, that's honestly the good kind of alone.

I am asking God to meet our needs and help us to be a blessing to those around us. Please pray for the Christians here. Pray for God to use them. Pray for God to strenghten and comfort them.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow, If I've ever felt like hopping on an airplane to go give someone a hug it's right now. You're a stong lady even if you might not feel that way right now. We love you and are praying for you.

hpearson said...

I can't even imagin how difficult things are, or how you are feeling...but we are praying for you DAILY, and love you very much! Hang in there!
Always-
HPearson "Isaiah 41:10"

stephcornwell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.