Sunday, September 16, 2007

A little History....

So I have sat here and watched my husband post many things and I have always had things to add but I never wanted to invade the male blog world. So, I thought maybe there were a few women out there who might like to hear about things here from a woman's point of view


Where to start.......well I guess I will just take this one day at a time.
Today we went to our church which is an hour and half away. It was a great service! I noticed that when it got time to go the people started acting a little sad. It is Ramadan here now. Easily the hardest time of the year for ex-Muslim Christians. I sat with my friend M. she was sitting quietly by herself. I thought...."okay make yourself get over there and speak to her." So I sat with her and talked with her about her testimony. She has been a believer for 10 years. Until 1 year ago she did not even know other Christians existed here. She told me it was a kind of alone no one could understand. But she said that smiling. She is a courageous woman. Her mother knows she not a Muslim. She talks about her faith with her family from time to time.
After I have one of those conversations I am always convicted of the lack of contentment I have in my life. (Wow, I am being super honest on this first real entry....hope I don't scare anyone away!) I mean I am always finding things not to like in my life, I find myself dwelling on the struggles of living here in this Muslim country. But this NOT my where my only friends and family are. I have friends who I can share my relationship with God with, my friends that share the same desires and vision. Friends I can call and pray with. Friends that I praise the Lord for. But......M. until last year she knew of no one. And now she only knows 5 Christian women. I know God has us here for many reasons, one of which I truly believe is to be a friend to the believers. To provide the vital companionship that will help each other develop a closer relationship with God. I am blessed to know M. she is an awesome person. -And I thank God that he is merciful with an undeserving person like me.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

You're doing a fantastic job. You have been on my mind more lately because of Ramadan. I'm know it has to be a lot harder right now. I'm excited about your blog. I love reading your husband's blog(even if it is a man's point of view). I like knowing how things are over there even on bad days. It lets us know better how to pray for you. We love you and your family. I know God will really bless you for the work you do. You are daily in our prayers. Love, Sandy

Holly Pearson said...

I am SO excited about your blog!!! I love reading about all that God is doing there in NA and how he is using you. It is always a blessing and an encouragment. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you!

TJ said...

I agree with the other posts. This is great! You and your husband are doing a tremendous job. I have enjoyed reading your husband's posts, and now I'm looking forward to yours as well! I'm praying for you! It is so interesting to see what life is like for Christians in a Muslim country.

AmyCoffey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AmyCoffey said...

Yeah!!!! I'm glad you are doing a blog, this will better help us pray for you while you are in NA. I love the recipes.