Sunday, February 3, 2008

In the Hospital:

Would you prefer Extra Modest or Sanitary????





An interesting article I read on the news a few minutes ago made me want to laugh out loud. It was an article about how Muslim Women in the healthcare profession in the UK are breaking health codes by refusing to wear clothing with their forearms exposed. This is a medical concern because it is impossible to be completely clean from you elbows down if you wear long sleeve shirts. So these very spiritual women would chose to potentially spread dangerous germs, rather than have men around them lusting over their forearms. HMMM..... I can't imagen how this idea is one the bases of spirituality for Muslim women. I am asked often if we, as followers of Christ believe it is wrong to show our arms. I always answer that we believe it is very important to be modest, but we do not have strick rules in the Bible about our sleeves. (Nor head coverings for that matter.) I mean there is so much more to loving God than how we dress. I am not sure, but maybe these women in the UK who have such a problem with the rules, maybe they are just trying to see how far they can go. How much they can play the card of freedom of religion. God reminds me more and more that my life as a follower of Jesus is about HIM! Living everyday to try and please Him, not trying to judge and show to others how spiritual I can be. I just thought this was kind of interesting and I wanted to share it. Maybe those of you in the UK who read this have heard about this issue??

No comments: