Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"My dear you have the heart of a Muslim!"

Today I went to visit a family we are really close to. They had been asking to spend sometime with the kids. So this morning the kids and I went for a nice walk down the street to visit our friends. When we walked in the door everyone was so welcoming. We talked and shared about what had gone on in each others lives over the past few weeks. We some amazing food and after we were just sitting around talking. Out of no where my friend's brother who is older than her says,"You know everyone missed you guys. You really have the same heart we have." I must have looked a little surprised by his comment, because their mother quickly cleared things up by saying,"Yes my dear you truly do have the heart of a Muslim." Then under her breath with a smile she quietly said,"But you just don't believe yet." Wow, I sat there a little shocked for a minute or two. I did not know exactly what to say. I smiled and corrected her a little and said, "Well, we can say I have the heart of someone who loves and fears God.!" I said that with a huge smile and a small nervous laugh. Before Icould say anything else my friend quickly changed the subject a little to the news. Evidently there is big news in the Muslim world.......It is rumored Brittney Spears will soon be converting to Islam. Wow! They are all hoping Islam will set her straight and she can be a new shinning testimony to us in the Western world. Hmmm????
So today, was an interesting lunch to say the least. The next time we discuss what my heart is like, I pray that I get a chance to explain who has changed my heart and about who calms my heart. The family I was with is not really all that religious they are Muslim out of pride and tradition. My friend herself has told me on numerous occasions that God does not answer her prayers like He does mine. She claims she prays and pray and gets nothing. Those are the exact words form her mouth. But in her pride she has to believe that somehow Islam is the hope of the world.I thank God for the truth of His Word and the miracle of His Grace. Praise God we can have confidence in what we believe!

No comments: