Friday, January 25, 2008

Faithful Fridays

Today was once again an eventful morning at the mosque below our new apartment. I stood on the counter again to watch the excitement of the Friday morning prayers. The street is still full as I write this. A particular interesting observation I made as I watched was the amount of Father/son combinations. Young boys learning early to be sure to show their devotion to Allah.
As I watch the young and old alike going the motions I was pained in my heart for the lack of hope these young ones have. I praised God for allowing me to grow up in a nation where we can choose. As believers our responsibility in this world is huge. I thank God for Salvation and the security we have in Christ, and we can believe as we do by choice and not by an hint of force.

No comments: