Friday, February 22, 2008

Time in the Kitchen.

I just wrote this entry, pushed publish, and.....it all erased because our internet is acting crazy! So here goes again.
This past week I have really done at lot of cooking. I enjoy to invent and try new things. So usually I like to cook, but this week was a little different. I had to make traditional food for the national people here. To me it was really intimidating. Here the food is a HUGE part of their culture. For example often when we are invited to someone's home we are served serveral different salads and side items and often two main course meals. Obviously too much food!!! Here that is their way to show off and a way of making the guests feel special.
We had invited some of Suffian's family over for dinner. I knew I needed to make a elaborate spread....but...I wasn't really sure where to begin. So I called my friend. I have known her now for over a year and we have a very close friendship. She came over and gave me some recipies. I was very grateful but still a little nervous.
Praise God my friend amazingly stopped by exactly the time I was begining in the kitchen. I opened the door and she smiled and said, "Are you ready to get started???". I was sooo relieved! As we cooked we talked about everything. Everything from the importance of having faith to our Presidential canidates. We are close friends and I thank God for her always being such a help to me. There is just one thing.......though we have simliar personalities, we like the same things, we can both be loyal friends, our differences are very deep. We are friends only on the surface. It creates such a burden in my heart. Though we talked many times about Jesus Christ and the wonderful grace He gives, she has yet to accept Him as her Savior. She doesn't understand everything yet. Tradition and pride are very difficult to over come. I am praying God will work through our friendship. I pray that God will cause me never to go blind to her spiritual need, a need I know she knows she has.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know if you remember me (Lauren Brown from FL). Your husband spoke to the young people at our church last year and then we went to eat Mexican after that. I just wanted to let you know I'd be praying for your friend.

http://davidswife06.blogspot.com/