Tuesday, February 12, 2008

FIRE!!!!!

Two sad but interesting events have taken place in the last week. There have been two significant fires here in the city where we live. The first was serveral blocks away and was caused by old electrical wires. The fire burned up clothing stores and a lot of people lost a lot of money. There were huge clouds of black smoke rising into to he sky for over an hour. It was a little scary as I saw many rescue squads and fire trucks racing towards the smoke. (Also I bet you can guess some of those scary thoughts that passed through my mind.)
The second fire just happened yesterday and it was a little too close to home. It was in the building right next to us. In a residential area. I was in my kitchen cooking when I saw smoke rising from the apartment next to ours. We watched as people ran from all around to see what was happening. After a few moments my kids also wanted to see what we were looking at. We opened the window to see if we could judge the severity of the situation. After just a few moments we heard horrible screaming. We quickly shut the windows because it was not a "G" "rated event any longer. I don't think the screams were coming from and injured person, but it is possible. It is possible people were unable to get out by themselves or maybe they were just screaming for their losses. Whatever the case it was awful. My children were scared, but we took the opportunity to teach them to pray for people in need. We asked God to please use this situation to somehow bring those affected to come to know Him. We have a close friend from Pakistan that after being in a horrible plane crash through a series of crazy events he came to trust Christ. God can do anything, we believe that! I just thought I would share about these fires because it was a little out of the ordinary. At least I hope.-Just a side note, the spell check on blogger is not working right now and spelling has always been my worse subject...so forgive me.=)

No comments: