Thursday, February 14, 2008

My "Liberal" Friends.

I just had a long talk with two of my friends. I have known these two sisters for about six months now. When the students were here last summer they began the friendship with them, and now we still get together a few times a week. First I will describe what these two "liberal" (in their own words) girls look like. Not too uncommonly for early twenties, they do not wear head coverings. In addition to this they almost always leave their very long hair flowing. They wear whatever they wish. Sometimes very reveiling clothes. In the summer it is not a big deal to them to go to some areas in the country and wear a bikini to the beach. (not in their home city though.) They also believe they want to marry for "love". They say it is no big deal to them if their husband is a Muslim or not. - In Islam a woman is only permitted to marry a Muslim man. They are pleased to see this country opening up to the Western way of thinking. They are very educated girls. The youngest is even starting her own business where she will have a man working for her. These two also are in favor of freedom of religion in their country. They believe people should be able to believe whatever they want. They feel really burnt by the idea that how spiritual you are is based on whether you cover your head or not. They both said they beileve God is really going to judge people based on their heart. HMMM??? I think so too! For the next few minutes I shared how I completely agreed with them about God looking at the heart. I shared my testimony and we talked a lot about what the Bible says about sin and the forgivness of sin. I am praying that God will work in their already open minds. I thank God for the two girls here this summer who began such a good relationship with them. Their testimonies have not been forgoten by these two girls here. One of them told me their father asks about the "two American girls" all the time. I think God is working in their hearts. They came to a few Bible Studies awhile back. Please be in prayer for them.

No comments: