Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thanksgiving Sunday

Today was a great day. It is awsome to see all God is doing! You can read about today also on my husband's blog, so I will just add some details. Today was our first day of Sunday School. I decided the best place to begin was the begining. There were three Arabic speaking children and also my kids. I taught in both Arabic and English. I had to translate everything. I wanted to be sure everyone understood. Praise the Lord it was an easy lesson to translate. We memorized Gen. 1:1 in both Arabic and English. I was excited to see my son saying the verse in Arabic. It was a language lesson and a Bible lesson for everyone. The parents of the other children are aslo Believers and they wanted their children to be able to attend Sun. School. Praise the Lord we have the opportunity to provide this for them.

Also one of the big events of today was the food. We had two tables full of food and drinks. After almost two hours of fellowshiping every last crumb was eaten.....I am not joking I saw one of the young boys holding the serving bowl of chips over his head to ensure every last tid-bit fell into his motuh! It was great to prepare and serve the food.

I can honestly say I am very thankful to the church we have been attending for the last year they have been such a huge help to us with the culture and the language. I am also very thankful the Lord is having us step out now on our own. I do have to admit, just so everyone gets the whole idea...For over a week I have been very nervous, I guess it is better to say scared. Not about whether or not everything would go well or not. But about how loud the singing would be, (we could be heard on the street below.)about whether or not one of our unexpected visitors would knock on the door.(two people came yesterday during our ministry day.) I was worried someone who lives in the apartment might have read the article last week (an article about the danger of foreigners bringing their religion to this country.) and decided they needed to report us. So many little negative thoughts were racing through my mind. I asked God to clear my mind and cause me to focus on Him and on all that He wants done here. Praise the Lord everything went well. God gave us protection and He blessed us all greatly. I Praise God for allowing me to serve Him. It is wonderful to thank the Lord for all He is to us and for all He has done for us.

1 comment:

Susie Wachob said...

That is so awesome Jillian! I am excited for you and your family! You all are in my prayers.