Monday, March 10, 2008

"Lady Ramblings"! Finally hearing from some ladies!!

I have been excited this week because the Lord is really working here in what we are doing. I was a little down last week struggling with what exactly God was doing with me. I mean it is obvious He is working here. We have many people attending our Bible studies, and lots of e-mail contacts, but nearly everyone of them is male. So I guess to put it simply I was asking God to move somehow in the lives of the women we know.
Praise God, He is always faithful. At the end of last week my new friend came over to see me. She is Suffain's cousin. She brought her son with her. Our children played and we had a great chance to talk. Her Arabic is a little more difficult to understand for me right now because she has grown up in the south and I have learned from mostly northern people. None the less we had a great talk. I was able to witness some to her and she actually asked me some questions. The crazy thing is that she is the first Muslim lady I have ever talked to that has not put up one argument about Islam. She never offered even one word. She is not a quiet person either. She listened and then asked a few questions. Often my conversations are interrupted by the statement, "Well, in our religion....." But she said nothing. I know my Arabic is limited, but I praise God that this conversation opened up the door for Suffain to talk to her even more than before. He told us on Sunday she wants to come to our Bible Study, maybe even next week. Now, I have to say her husband is very Muslim at this point he is very friendly to us and we are praying for him. Should my friend continue her interest in the Jesus Christ this could be a major stumbling block at any moment. Right now I believe God is working in her heart. If you could remember to pray for her. Her name is Nejlat.
I often struggle with lack of faith. Learning to wait on God is difficult, but I believe He is giving us a little picture of the future. We had a lady visitor at the Bible Study last week and we have received a few e-mails from a few other brave women. For a lady to think about changing something so huge as her religion on her own is very serious risk in the eyes of her family. I am thankful for those who are ready and willing to search out the truth. Please continue to pray for these ladies.

No comments: